Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Got something to say? / Re: National Decline; signs and symptoms
« Last post by Old Goat on May 26, 2018, 05:24:01 pm »
Number 6, can't argue with that!  Only trouble is, these days no one, no one at all will notice or listen. Many simply grumble, but don't do anything more.  Perhaps like me, they've found they are just banging their heads against a brick wall.  Yes, it really is nice when you stop!  So. For me, from now on, just let it happen, if it doesn't affect me, I don't want to know.  Just live and let live.
Old Photographs of Newbury / Re: Newbury's motoring heritage
« Last post by Gracianiz on May 22, 2018, 09:13:21 am »
The learning materials within this website have helped me tremendously and have helped to increase my knowledge.
Got something to say? / Re: National Decline; signs and symptoms
« Last post by Gracianiz on May 22, 2018, 09:12:55 am »
Questions about the forum do not know where you brought the content from.
Wage rises and pension payments. The dog is chewing itself up from the tail and is reaching the vital organs now. Like all dogs they never know when to stop eating.
Yes, triples all round!

Given what they don't do now, makes you wonder what WBC needs all that money for.
Got something to say? / Re: Newbury - Blatant disregard for any speed limits.
« Last post by Old Goat on May 13, 2018, 07:02:28 pm »
Yes, totally agree!  Sainsburys this afternoon, walking through aisles, two shall we say economy sized ladies walking very slowly pushing a trolly side on, looking at stuff but not letting anyone pass.  Casual insolent rudeness; the me,me,me society.  Comprehensive education really works doesn't it.
What- and create a whole new raft of infill development opportunities to further swell the council coffers and local developers back pockets ?
« Last post by Number 6 on May 10, 2018, 02:53:50 pm »
You mean the 4x4 brigade who can just about manage to go forwards in a straight line but find anything else too tricky- especially reversing in car park bays ?  Sadly a decline in standards seems to be endemic across all areas of life.
« Last post by Old Goat on May 09, 2018, 05:38:49 pm »
Well, with headcount well down, if I was Chief Constable I'm not sure I'd concentrate on traffic.  It's hugely unpopular.  In my view, much bad driving is excaserbated by people who purchase high powered large cars they are actually scared of driving.  Boy racers are just a nusance.
Interesting this one.  Mr Cynic could be forgiven for thinking a major traffic issue would be beneficial, to the the long term plan at least.  What better reason could there be to connect the A339 at Newtown directly to the A34......

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10