Author Topic: The Tudor Café Newbury  (Read 7517 times)

Administrator

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 236
    • View Profile
The Tudor Café Newbury
« on: February 16, 2014, 01:29:36 pm »


The Tudor Café Newbury


Jack Hole - proprietor of the Tudor Café

The Tudor Café at 103 Northbrook Street closed in 1973 after serving the town for over 40 years. The café was opened in 1931 by Jack Hole and his wife after they moved to Newbury from Kent. The Tudor was a well known and popular meeting place.



DISCLAIMER – All of the materials and data offered on this site are for informational and educational purposes only. All images and other media are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and non commercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.

LocalRes

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: The Tudor Café Newbury
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »
Before the Tudor Café it was called Bridge Restaurant.

blackdog

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: The Tudor Café Newbury
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 08:52:18 am »
Dendrochronology has recently dated this building at 1497 - it really is Tudor.

Administrator

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 236
    • View Profile
Re: The Tudor Café Newbury
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:31:20 am »
Here is a very early picture of Northbrook Street showing the Tudor Café.