Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Got something to say? / Re: Something odd in this ?
« Last post by Number 6 on April 25, 2017, 11:09:36 am »
Excellent. 30% up on the number of views ! Thanks for your help only me :-; .
« Last post by Number 6 on April 18, 2017, 08:21:59 am »
bump
Got something to say? / Re: Does this quote really refer to West Berkshire Council?
« Last post by only me on April 17, 2017, 08:06:09 pm »
There are other places you can use for such less informed commentary.
I take it you like muttering to yourself in this forum wasteland?   fair play... tara..
« Last post by Number 6 on April 15, 2017, 01:49:20 pm »
So no alternative explanation for this mis-direction of charitable funding by the council then ?
Thank you for your less than constructive comment 'only me'. You obviously have not  studied how the party political system works to keep independent challenges from succeeding, despite many attempts by independents locally. There are other places you can use for such less informed commentary.
Got something to say? / Re: Does this quote really refer to West Berkshire Council?
« Last post by only me on April 14, 2017, 12:01:34 pm »
More proof of incompetence at the highest levels just keeps rolling in. They will not do the honourable thing and fall on their swords so just how do we organise to remove them at the ballot box ?

How about this for a novel idea.... PUT YOURSELF FORWARD instead of hiding at the back on anonymous internet fora that nobody reads chucking insults.... You think you can do a better job then step forward. People keep saying it's a Gravy Train so why not stick your snout in the trough too?
Got something to say? / Something odd in this ?
« Last post by Number 6 on April 06, 2017, 11:03:57 am »
This looks suspiciously like funding intended for charitable purposes (via the Greenham Common Trust) is being plundered by the council to support it's budget cuts ? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/21098/councils-encouraged-to-help-themselves.html
Got something to say? / Re: Planning debacle needs unlocking.
« Last post by Number 6 on April 05, 2017, 11:13:04 am »
I thought this development was an essential part of the housing strategy. This looks like a set of reasons as to why it should never go ahead ever? Can it be that our local leadership have not got a clue ? Don't expect any senior heads to roll anytime soon.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/21089/reasons-to-reject-2-000-home-sandleford-development-highlighted.html
Got something to say? / Planning debacle needs unlocking.
« Last post by Number 6 on April 03, 2017, 02:20:17 pm »
The article below is a classic example of how our planning system fails to deliver. The developers in question are holding out for the cheapest (and therefore most profitable) scheme for them whilst the council wants an infrastructure with at least a chance of working. Solution would be a compulsory purchase of the land at the current value and a bidding tender of all interested developers around the scheme including all infrastructure requirements. I am sure this would concentrate minds. Can we expect the Govt. to tweak planning legislation accordingly ? Not holding my breath.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/21068/sandleford-developers-are-holding-newbury-to-ransom.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10