Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Got something to say? / Re: Newbury - Blatant disregard for any speed limits.
« Last post by Falconut on April 20, 2018, 05:27:23 am »
What can not you tell me? I really want to know.
It is really good. I like it very much I hope that it will be better
Got something to say? / Re: Newbury - Blatant disregard for any speed limits.
« Last post by Number 6 on April 18, 2018, 03:24:29 pm »
Indeed I have noticed. The police do run occasional speed traps but not enough to make a real difference (not their fault given the cuts they have had)- there was one on Bury's Bank road today. It seems to be  mainly younger to middle aged drivers in flash cars and giant 4x4 vehicles who think the are invincible. also at peak times the can be found constantly jumping red lights at junctions in total disregard to other road users. This is deliberate not accidental. The odd boy racer used to be a menace, now it is a gender free free-for-all of bad driving that is a major menace to law abiding road users. Rant over.
Got something to say? / Newbury - Blatant disregard for any speed limits.
« Last post by BrianB on April 18, 2018, 11:54:17 am »
I am now finding that there is a blatant disregard for any speed limits. Some cars are travelling at ridiculous speeds.

In particular I am having problems in the Andover Road and Monks Lane. Nobody cares anymore. In the past it has been the excepted norm that you could get away with 5 to 10 mph over the limit. Now I am convinced that some vehicles are travelling at speeds approaching 70 mph particularly on the stretch of Andover Road beyond Park House School.

I am constantly being flashed by cars that come up close behind me trying to force me to go faster.

Am I alone or have other people noticed this problem?
Old Photographs of Newbury / Re: Bridge Street
« Last post by Vicenter on April 18, 2018, 04:57:07 am »
Most of the people who come to the same need.
Got something to say? / Re: Wasting taxpayers money
« Last post by Vicenter on April 18, 2018, 04:56:37 am »
For the content I have read these are considered to increase my knowledge to a great deal.
Got something to say? / Re: Micro Focus
« Last post by Number 6 on March 19, 2018, 10:48:01 am »
Sad to see that Micro Focus are facing some inevitable integration challenges which will inevitably turn attention inward for a while. Lets hope they also find enough resource and energy to concentrate on opportunities as well, as a very large swathe of their potential customer base has to focus on ROI (return on investment) as global businesses comes under pressure due to the prevailing economic climate and slowly rising interest rates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43457024
Got something to say? / Re: Newbury - The Marsh Lane Scenario - All over again.
« Last post by Number 6 on March 12, 2018, 09:32:10 pm »
Indeed. What was public right of way will be signed over to a private developer who will immediately exclude public access. Can't remember voting for this kind of abuse of power and all for the princely sum of £1.00 . All we can plan to do is to vote the administration out of office at the next election.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10